PARENTS! Remember to check out our top tips for making this work!
It’s the last session on Holy Spirit’s Incredibly Great Gifts!
Before we go any further, here’s our feathery friend Pecky showing us some moves…
MARK THE MOMENT
Do something to start your time together such as light a candle, pass around something special and pray, say a fun family phrase together; jump around shouting: ‘We are Game Changers!’ and thank Holy Spirit for his love for you!
WORSHIP (8-10 MINS)
Invite Holy Spirit to be with you, jump around, have fun, let your kids teach you the actions!
Susie is going to show us the actions to God Suit On, then we’ll do them together plus another song afterwards!
Here’s more on Holy Spirit’s Incredibly Great Gifts…
Use your gifts!
Keep it simple for under 7’s but let’s expect them to connect with Holy Spirit too!
Remember we are all still learning and don’t forget the ingredient of love! Will the person feel loved by my message?
Find out more about love here 1 Corinthians 13:1-7
Choose one or two of the following:
Prophecy: a love message
- Use something as inspiration. You could make it into a game: can you run and find something blue/squishy/your favourite toy? Or look out the window, look around the room, use some objects, think about a colour or a number… and ask Holy Spirit to show or highlight something to you. What jumps out at you about it? How could it encourage someone? What do you feel Holy Spirit is showing you?
- Or ask Holy Spirit to show you a bible dude or who is your favourite bible person or story: What is important about them? What did they do? Who did they help? What does God think of them?
- Or find or think of a bible verse to send to someone. It could be your favourite or one that pops into you head, or that you’ve read recently as Holy Spirit can use our memory to speak to us. What is this verse about? What is it saying? How is it encouraging?
Pray in tongues: our heavenly secret code prayer language:
- Start by thanking God for the Mission then try a few seconds speaking in tongues. Can you go a bit longer…
Healing and Miracles:
- You could look at a picture of a body or see if you feel anything in your own body: Is Holy Spirit showing you something that’s hurting or not working properly? We can pray for children who may be struggling with that pain, even though they are far away because Holy Spirit is with them. Speak healing in Jesus’ name… ‘Owee go, in Jesus’ name… Leg be healed in Jesus’ name… Headache go in Jesus’s name…’
- What miracles need to happen for the Mission? Miraculous protection for the children… Miraculous provision of money for them to keep going… What else? Pray and declare that the impossible will happen!
Words of wisdom and knowledge: what only God could know!
- When you ask Holy Spirit to speak to you one of these words take note of the first thing that pops into your head… You could pray ‘What do you want me to know? Show me more… Who is this for?…’
Now let’s get creative:
- Choose one of the crafts from this week’s sheet (download and print) or click on the links below for some origami fun!
- You could decorate with stickers, pens, shapes and more.
- Write or draw in any of your encouragements, pictures, bible verses or whatever else Holy Spirit was showing you! Or write them out on paper or chalk them on the pavement and take a photo!
- Keep it somewhere safe and when we can be together again, we will collect them in and post them to Romania!
If you can take a photo of it or of any other messages you have – send to firstname.lastname@example.org ? And we will send them on…
Resources: pdf templates, pens, scissors, stickers, paper, card
Why not stand up and choose a Prayer Pebble to pass round your family that will help you pray for the Mission in Romania!
- Pray for the team there whilst they are unable to visit the children in the villages. Pray that they would have peace and be able to make the best use of their time at the moment.
- Pray for the children as they can’t come to the programme: for supernatural safety and protection for them, that they would remember all the things they have learnt so far and be healthy.
- Pray for God’s provision for the Mission – for the money they need to keep everything going
- Pray for Jimmy and Genea as they lead – for wisdom and peace…
A prayer you could use:
Thank you Holy Spirit for these wonderful gifts. Help us to keep using our gifts to encourage and love those around us, both near by and far away.
Thank you for the amazing team at The Mission in Romania. We speak protection and health to all those who work there and especially for the children. We know you love them so much. Help them to experience your love and care during lockdown…
TODAY’S GAME CHANGING MOMENT
I can use Holy Spirit’s Incredibly Great Gifts to love people in my family, my street, my city and around the world!
Your fun times with us! What did you create? What was Holy Spirit showing you? What prayer pebble did you use today? And more…
Or feel free to email us another time via email@example.com.