This session is for children aged 1-4, but do keep it really short and simple for under 2’s.
Make sure you read the full session before you start, and check out these practical tips to get the most out of your time together.
We pray you’ll have a wonderful, fun time with your little ones!
Here’s a little dose of Pecky’s World for you today!
Fancy a few more trips to Pecky’s World? Find all the videos here!
Let’s find out more about God’s Promises!
Today’s aim is to learn that God loved Abraham. He kept his promise to him to give him a family.
Make it special: Why not start your time off by making simple promises and keeping them such as ‘I promise to give you a hug!’ ‘I promise to give you a breadstick.’ ‘I promise to help you find your favourite toy.’
WORSHIP (5-6 MINS)
Thank you Daddy God that you are always with us. We celebrate your love now!
You could use these songs or any of your own favourites
INTRO (7 MIN)
Here’s Sarah with an introduction and story about Abraham!
EXPLORE THE STORY TOGETHER (4-5 MINS)
Watch the story below or read from one of these:
- Candle Bible for Toddlers p46
- The Toddlers Bible p36 (very short)
- Lion First Bible p38 (longer version)
UNPACK THE STORY (2 MINS)
God promised Abraham and Sarah that they would have a really big family, as many as the stars in the sky!
WOW! Have you seen the night sky with all the bright twinkly stars – there are so many aren’t there?God kept his promise! Abraham and Sarah believed him!
And they ended up being the parents of a huge family of children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, great great grandchildren… and more, just like the many bright twinkly stars!
SHOUT OUT (2 MINS)
Say this to your child: WHO KEEPS HIS PROMISES?
Help your child to answer: GOD DOES!
Keep saying it with different voices; fast, slow, high and low…
FUN ACTIVITIES (5-10 MINS)
Sing: ‘Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star’ together or watch this version and sing along: Twinkle Twinkle (3 mins)
Create: a promise picture by cutting out and sticking the coloured stars onto a piece of card. You could add on the bible verse too. Or use shiny star stickers if you have some.
OR cut out and decorate the large stars with shiny paper or pens and thread ribbon through to hang up.
Colouring sheets of Abraham
Play: use play dough and star cutters/tools to create stars and chat about them together.
Resources: pdf template of activities, scissors, colouring pens, glue, stickers, shirt paper, ribbon/string, play dough, star cutters
PRAYER TIME IDEAS (5 MINS)
SHOUT OUT: WHO KEEPS HIS PROMISES? GOD DOES!
Try an Adventure Time: We can use our imagination for good to meet with God!
- Here’s one to try out or you could make up your own. Speak slowly with lots of pauses depending on how your child is doing. Keep it super short for little ones but still try it as you’re introducing them to meeting with Jesus in this way.
- ’We’re going to have an adventure with Jesus now. Jesus is always with us. He loves us so much. Let’s get comfy and snuggle up…
- Jesus we love you, please come and be with us now… Let’s imagine Jesus is sitting next to us and he takes your hand. He wants to show you something special. He takes you to see all the bright stars in the sky… Can you see them: yellow and orange and twinkly… large and small… (be creative)
- Jesus made all the stars for us to enjoy and look at. Jesus smiles at you and gives you a hug… He says he loves you so much. Thank you Jesus that you love us.’
- You could chat together briefly: Tell me about your Adventure Time. Tell me about Jesus and the stars. What did he show you? Wow, what a wonderful time we had together!
- Don’t worry if your child doesn’t share anything. Keep it light and fun and believe Jesus is with you!
We’d love to hear from you; Show us your star pictures or your favourite dance moves! We’d love to hear from you!
Send in your good news and photos to email@example.com, or use the form right here!