PARENTS! Remember to check out our top tips for making this work!
Let’s go back in time to find out more about those Old Testament Heroes!
Our aim today is to learn that heroes speak out for God!
Before we get started, we’re back in Pecky’s World again!
MARK THE MOMENT
Start off your time together in a special way: Give everyone a high five and tell them two things you like about them! Don’t forget to tell Father God two things too!
WORSHIP (8 MINS)
Can you teach your parents the actions to ‘Nothing Is Impossible’? Could you come up with some actions for ‘My Best Friend’ – a new song from the same team that brought us ‘Ask Seek Knock’!
INTRO (11 MINS)
EXPLORE MORE ABOUT THE PROPHETS (5 MINS)
Can you spot Isaiah in the video below?
You can read some more about Isaiah:
- Find in a children’s bible:
- Jesus Storybook Bible p144
- Lion First Bible p281
- Jesus Calling Bible p120
- Or check out when Isaiah saw the Lord: Isaiah 6:1-8 or spoke out about Jesus coming to earth: Isaiah 9:1-2, 6-7
UNPACK (2-5 mins)
- Just like Samuel, Isaiah learnt to recognise God’s voice and he saw, heard and sensed some awesome things. He was brave to speak out what God was showing him to help others learn who God really is: full of love with a wonderful plan for the whole world to know him!
- Isaiah spoke out about Jesus over 700 years before he was born to give hope to God’s people; where he would be born, what he would be like, what he would do!
- We can keep learning to hear, see and sense what Father, Son and Holy Spirit are showing us, like Samuel and Isaiah, and we can have courage and bravery, like Joshua and Gideon, to speak out for him!
Fun Activities (5-15 mins)
Create: A paper chatterbox
- Watch this video to find out how: How to make a paper chatterbox (3.5 mins). You’ll need a square piece of paper to start off with! Or see the instructions on the pdf template.
- Label the outside flaps with some of your favourite heroes! Write encouraging messages or listen to God for prophecies to go in the very middle under each flap, then have fun blessing your family!
Superhero mask: Design and make your own or use one of the templates. Chat about being God’s hero and what it means to speak out and stand up for him. You could share when you’ve done this and how it went.
Continue your own TIMELINE OF WONDER: Here’s Isaiah to add to your timeline! Where does he go? Have you added anything else on too? We’d love to see a photo of your timeline so far!
Adventure Time: Have an Adventure Time where you imagine being with Isaiah in the temple from Isaiah 6 – you could read this first if you haven’t already Isaiah 6:1-8 .
- Invite Holy Spirit to be with you and get comfy.
- Imagine being in the huge temple… look around you, what can you see, hear or smell? Can you see the Lord’s throne? What does the Lord look like? What is he doing, saying or showing you? Spend time with him…
- Give time to share together and then draw or write about it in your Adventure Book.
Resources: Pdf templates, scissors, pens, stickers, glue, paper and card, string, elastic
Prayer Ideas: (5-10 mins)
- Practice listening to God: You could ask him who is on his heart today? What is he showing you for them? Or is there a place or a problem he wants to speak to you about?
- Remember the different ways God speaks; videos & pictures in our imagination, thoughts & bible bits, memories, colours, numbers and so on… and that it is often the first thing that pops into our heads.
- Find a way to speak out and share what you saw, heard or sensed – make a card or a mini video, send a message, pray with your family, declare solutions to problems, send us your thoughts so we can pray too…
- Pray for each person in your family to have courage and boldness, to speak out for God when they need to, sharing his hope and love!
TODAY’S GAME CHANGING MOMENT
I am a hero that listens to God and speaks out with courage!
What has God been showing you? What actions have you come up with for ‘My Best Friend’? Show us your hero masks or chatterbox! And more…
Or feel free to email us another time via email@example.com.