This session is for children aged 1-4, but do keep it really short and simple for under 2’s.
Make sure you read the full session before you start, and check out these practical tips to get the most out of your time together.
We pray you’ll have a wonderful, fun time with your little ones!
Here’s a little trip to Pecky’s World for you today!
Fancy a few more trips to Pecky’s World? Find all the videos here!
Today is Father’s Day!
We are going to celebrate our Dads and get closer to them and to Daddy God!
Make it special: Why not start your time off by giving your Dad a big hug or high five and telling them you love them.
WORSHIP (5-6 MINS)
Let’s celebrate our Daddy God too. Can you remember that he promises to always be with us!
You could use these songs or any of your own favourites
INTRO (8 MIN)
Here’s Sarah with an introduction and story to remind us what God is like!
EXPLORE PSALM 139 TOGETHER (3-4 MINS)
Watch the story below or find a bible and read Psalm 139:1-18 to your child.
UNPACK THE PSALM (2 MINS)
- The Psalms are special songs to praise God. King David wrote this one.
- It tells us how amazing Daddy God is! That he made us in an amazing way and that he promises to be always with us, wherever we go!
- Is Daddy God with when you’re sleeping? Is he with you when you’re playing? Is he with you when you’re eating? Is he with us now? YES – All the time!
SHOUT OUT (2 MINS)
Say this to your child: WHO IS ALWAYS WITH ME?
Help your child to answer: GOD IS!
Keep saying it with different voices; fast, slow, high, low…
FUN ACTIVITIES (5-10 MINS)
Play: Hide and seek or peek-a-boo with your child. Or hide objects in sand or under the bubbles in the bath. Talk about how Daddy God always sees us, wherever we are, even if we are hiding!
Create something for your Daddy!
- Make a card – cut out and stick any of the pictures on the pdf attachment onto folded card.
- Draw around your child’s hand and Daddy’s hand on card. Colour in, add on stickers or decorate in a fun way, then cut out. Concertina fold a long strip of card and stick each end onto the back of the hands so they’re connected! See template for an example.
- Use the DAD letters to make a relief picture. Cut them out and place on a blank piece of paper/card, stick them down with blu-tac. Colour or paint all over them and the surrounding paper. Then lift up the letters to see ‘DAD’ underneath!
Psalm 139 activities: Make a mini book by cutting out all the pictures and sticking or stapling together. Or complete the colouring sheet.
Resources: pdf template of activities, scissors, colouring pens, blu-tac, paper, pens, stickers.
PRAYER TIME IDEAS (5 MINS)
SHOUT OUT: WHO IS ALWAYS WITH ME? GOD IS!
- Say thank you to Daddy God that he keeps his promise to always be with us!
- Say thank you to Jesus for your Daddy or someone special to you. Help your child to think of one thing to say thank you for: ‘Thank you God for my Dad’s hugs… for Daddy’s love… for playing with Daddy…’
- Pray Psalm 139 over your child as you snuggle up together.
We’d love to hear from you!
Show us your crafts and colouring! Tell us about your favourite times together doing Early Years at home!
Send in your good news and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the form right here!