PARENTS! Remember to check out our top tips for making this work!
We are taking a mini summer break from our Game Changers theme on 2nd & 9th August, but look out for ideas to inspire you to try some different things next week!
Today is the next in our Fact or Fantasy theme!
Daring Detectives and Super Sleuths are you ready to find answers to this question:
Did God make the world??
Let’s get hunting for clues, facts and proofs in the ultimate quest for the Truth about God!
Our aim today is to learn that we are amazingly made and so is the world! God is the creator!
Before you decide whether that’s fact or fantasy, you need to decide if these clips are cute or crazy!
MARK THE MOMENT
Start off your time together in a special way by taking it in turns to encourage each member of your family: what you like about them, a favourite memory, how important they are, what they bring to your family…
WORSHIP (8 MINS)
Get moving with some praise and worship to Creator God!
INTRO (8 MINS)
Explore the Story of Creation (5 MINS)
Watch the video below OR
Or read about it in
- The Lion First Bible p10
- The Jesus Storyteller Bible p18
- Or check out these key verses in the bible:
UNPACK (2-5 mins) keep this simple for younger ones!
- Do you remember the professors’ jumbled message? Did it just come together on its own when it was shaken? Of course not! The plan and design needed to be followed for it to make sense.
- We don’t know if each day mentioned in Genesis was a day like we know now, but we can see creator God’s designs and planning and creativity all around us!
- Think about one thing in our world such as a favourite animal or bird, your eye or hand, a leaf or plant, water, planets and the moon… think about how incredible it is. It is designed; it is not an accident.
- Remember it’s important to know what we believe! God planned and designed us in his image, to be like him (WOW!) and he created our wonderful world for us to care for and nurture.
Fun Activities (5-15 mins)
The Fact or Fantasy Quest For Truth!
- Print it out if you haven’t yet and stick it up.
- This week can you cut out the correct piece from the template?
- Can you add on your finger print? You are made amazingly!
- Can you decorate the world on the blank side? It’s a wonderful place full of incredible things that creator God has made for us.
- Can you write on one truth you have learnt today?
- Tape the piece along the top edge to match it onto the shape so you can lift it up.
Seven Days Game: Take it in turns to shout out the different days of creation and pretend to be something that was made that day or jump to an agreed area of the room:
- Day 1: day and night
- Day 2: sky
- Day 3: land, sea and plants
- Day 4: sun, moon and stars
- Day 5: sea creatures and birds
- Day 6: animals and people
- Day 7: God rested: you could all quickly lie down – the last one to do so is out?
Play: Choose a favourite day of creation to recreate using lego, play dough or other toys/construction you may have.
I wonder what God was thinking when he made…. I wonder about the first sunrise… I wonder about the smells, sounds, sights when everything was new… I wonder what God was thinking when he planned you…
Create: A scene from creation using chalks, pastels, paints or pen: the animals, the plants or trees, the birds, yourself…
Or choose a creation bookmark to decorate from the template.
Or draw around your hand and decorate – ‘I am amazingly made’ (Psalm 139:14)
Resources: Pdf templates, scissors, pens, glue, tape, paper and card, art supplies.
Prayer Ideas: (5-10 mins)
- Prayer Pebbles: Why not make a creative Prayer Pebble? Use it to thank God for how creative he is and how he has made us to be like him. Pray for each other to be able to express this creativity in different ways. And for solutions from him for ways to care for his wonderful world and for those around you!
- Be Thankful (for younger children): Thank God for different things he has created: Thank you God for the tiger/elephant/dog… Thank you God for my ears to hear… Thank you God for trees to climb… Thank you God for love and kindness…
- Truth Time: You could get comfy, put on some quiet music and find and read Psalm 139:13-16 and Ephesians 1:4 over yourselves. Think about these truths… have an encounter time to connect with creator God… pray to know we are amazingly made… What did you feel, hear or see?
TODAY’S GAME CHANGING MOMENT
I can believe that God made me in an amazing way. He is the creator and I can be like him!
Share your art with us! What is your favourite animal or bird? How does it feel to know you are made amazingly?
Or feel free to email us another time via firstname.lastname@example.org.