PARENTS! Remember to check out our top tips for making this work!
We’ve had a break for a couple of weeks, and so has Pecky… but he’s back today as well!
Today is the next in our Fact or Fantasy theme!
Daring Detectives and Super Sleuths are you ready to find answers to this question:
Does God change??
Let’s get hunting for clues, facts and proofs in the ultimate quest for the Truth about God!
Our aim today is to know that God never changes. We can trust in him completely!
MARK THE MOMENT
Start off your time together in a special way by passing around something special and thanking God for each person in your family when they are holding the object.
WORSHIP (8 MINS)
Let’s celebrate who God is!
INTRO (8 MINS)
Explore the Ten Commandments (5 MINS)
Watch the video below
Or read about it in
- The Lion First Bible p120
- The Jesus Storybook Bible p100
- Jesus Calling Bible p72
Or check out these key verses in the bible:
UNPACK (2-5 mins) keep this simple for younger ones!
- Even though God’s people made mistakes, God doesn’t change who he is: he is loving and good.
- He gave his people these good rules for living to help them.
- Even though they were written thousands of years ago (3500) they still apply today!
- Because God’s character never changes (check out Hebrews 13:8), he wants the best for us, to have a full and free life, a happy heart and be part to his incredible kingdom! These good rules helps us to love him and others.
- What do you think about God’s good rules? How do they help us and others?
God’s Good Rules:
- Put God first
- Worship only God
- No bad words
- Work 6, Rest 1
- Obey your parents
- Harm no one
- Keep wedding promises
- Don’t steal
- Tell the truth
- Don’t wish for others’ stuff
Fun Activities (5-15 mins)
The Fact or Fantasy Quest For Truth!
- Print it out if you haven’t yet and stick it up.
- This week can you cut out the correct piece from the template?
- Can you decorate it and add it onto your Quest for Truth in the correct place?
- What one thing have you learnt about God that never changes? Write it on…
- Use the cards on the pdf template to cut up and hide around your room! Can your child find them? Look through them and sort into the things that change and those that don’t.
- Or say the seasons in order or count in order while you jump or hop about, then say a wrong number or a season out of order and you all have to sit down!
- Chat about how we need the things that never change or life would be crazy, chaotic and muddled! Day follows night, summer follows spring, water boils at 100C….
- Remember God never changes, he is ALWAYS good, kind and loving: we can depend on him ALL the time!
Play 10 Commandments Pairs game. Print out 2 or 4 sets of the cards, spread them out upside down. Take it in turns to turn over two and see if they match. Keep them if so and have another go. Chat about these good rules as you play.
Create: make a hand and heart cut-out using A4 card folded in half, draw around your hand and cut it out so you get a heart shape in the middle: see the instructions on the template. Decorate and try to write the 10 good rules on the fingers or other truths about God never changing that you’ve learnt.
Resources: Pdf template, scissors, pens, glue, tape, paper and card, art supplies.
Prayer Ideas: (5-10 mins)
- Speedy Prayers: Grab a prayer pebble and pass it round your family. Can you take it in turns to thank Daddy God, Holy Spirit and Jesus for different aspects of his character that never change? Try to have no repetitions, or hesitations!
- God’s Good Rules: Is there one of the 10 commandments that you need God’s help with? Or something he is challenging you about? Pray for each other to know God’s never changing love and strength to follow him and love ourselves and each other.
TODAY’S GAME CHANGING MOMENT
I can believe that God never changes: I can put my trust in him!
Share your photos with us! We’d love to see what you’ve been getting up to!
Or feel free to email us another time via email@example.com.