PARENTS! Remember to check out our top tips for making this work!
Here’s a few clips for you to decide…. are they CUTE or CRAZY?!
Today is the next in our Fact or Fantasy theme!
Daring Detectives and Super Sleuths: are you ready to get hunting for clues, facts and proofs in the ultimate quest for the Truth about God?
Our aim today is to know that there’s proof about the truth that Jesus is God’s son and that he’s alive!
MARK THE MOMENT
Start off your time together in a special way by speaking truths over each other: you are chosen… you are special… you belong to God… you are important in our family…
WORSHIP (10 MINS)
Let’s celebrate who God is!
INTRO (12 MINS)
Here’s Inspector IsItTrue who is looking for some proof… plus a quick hello from an old friend!
Explore the Transfiguration of Jesus (5 MINS)
Watch the video below
Or read about it in
- The Lion First Bible p404
- Jesus Calling Bible p202
- The Story Travellers Bible p235
Or check out these key verses in the bible:
UNPACK (2-5 mins) keep this simple for younger ones!
- A PROOF is a clue or information that shows that something is true; that establishes a fact or truth.
- Jesus gave us many proofs that he was God’s son. Can you remember two from the videos?
- Jesus was transformed on the mountain showing that he was from heaven; he was God’s glorious son!
- Daddy God’s voice was heard saying this was his son!
- Elijah and Moses showed up to chat with Jesus!
- Plus Jesus lived an amazing life; healing many people, telling awesome stories, always doing good, loving others…
Here are Inspector IsItTrue’s proofs. Choose some to explore with your bible.
- The Bible says Jesus is God’s Son: Luke 1:35, John 11:27, John 20:31
- Jesus spoke of his death and resurrection and the fact he is the Son of God, not just a ‘nice guy’ Luke 9:18-21, 28-34, Matt 20:17-19
- Many prophecies and promises written about Jesus in the Old testament 100’s of years before he was born all happened! Psalm 22: 14-18, Isaiah 9:6, Isaiah 53:3-5, Micah 5:2, Matthew 2:5-6.
- Many different people saw Jesus really die such as the soldier or Mary & the women at cross (Matthew 27:50-56) and then saw him again alive afterwards. Jesus appeared to over 500 people over a 6 week period! Acts 1:1-3, Mark 15:47 to Mark 16:1-7
- The disciples all died because they would not deny that Jesus had lived, died and rose again: do you think they would they do this for a dead person?
- We still have the Church today over 2000 years later.
- People are still being healed and raised from the dead today in Jesus’ name. God still speaks through prophecy, words of knowledge today.
- What do you think?
Fun Activities (5-15 mins)
The Fact or Fantasy Quest For Truth! Print it out if you haven’t yet and stick it up.
- This week can you cut out the correct piece from the template?
- Can you decorate it and add it onto your Quest for Truth in the correct place?
- What one proof have you discovered today about who Jesus is?
Clues Game: WHO AM I?
- Choose one of your child’s favourite bible/cartoon/hero characters.
- Give them clues to see if they can guess who you are, then swap over.
- Or ask each other questions to find out who you are but you can only answer YES or NO
- Draw what you think Jesus looked like when he was full of glory on the mountain.
- Or use the figure on the template to decorate Jesus on each side; before his trip up the mountain and when he was shining with glory! You could use shiny paper, bright pens, ribbon, etc to decorate him!
- Plus activity sheets.
Resources: Pdf template, scissors, pens, glue, tape, shiny paper and card.
Prayer Ideas: (5-10 mins)
- Have an Adventure Time: get comfy, put on some quiet music and invite the Holy Spirit to be with you. Imagine you are walking up the mountain with Jesus and the disciples. What can you see? What can you hear? What is happening to Jesus? Why do you feel or sense? What is Jesus doing or showing you? Spend time with him! Don’t forget to draw or write about what happened.
- Be thankful for who Jesus is. That we can trust that he is God’s son… that he is alive and with us now… that we can know him… and more!
TODAY’S GAME CHANGING MOMENT
Jesus is who he says he is.
There are proofs that he is God’s son and he is alive!
Share your favourite moments with us. What has God been showing you?
Or feel free to email us another time via firstname.lastname@example.org.