PARENTS! Remember to check out our top tips for making this work!
Today is the next in our Fact or Fantasy theme!
Daring Detectives and Super Sleuths: are you ready to get hunting for clues, facts and proofs in the ultimate quest for the Truth about God?
Our aim today is to understand that Jesus is the only way to Father God and to have life forever!
MARK THE MOMENT
Start off your time together in a special way by thinking of two things you’re thankful for and sharing them with each other.
WORSHIP (10 MINS)
Let’s celebrate who God is!
INTRO (12 MINS)
Explore Detective No-Clue’s Bible verse clues
Can you find them in your bible?
UNPACK (2-5 mins) keep this simple for younger ones!
- The bible says Jesus is the only way to Father God!
- AND Jesus says he is our light, so we won’t get lost or confused!
- We can learn to walk with him and follow him.
- We can get to be with Father God forever, starting from today! He is full of love, joy, peace, goodness, power…
Going Deeper: (5 mins)
Some people say Jesus was just a good teacher or a ‘nice guy’ or a only a prophet… What do you think? Is he more than this?
- Think about the amazing stories he told: can you think of one?
- What about the astonishing things he said about himself and God: can you share some of these with each other?
- How about the wonderful miracles he did: can you think of any?
- Can you remember how he loved everyone he met no matter who they were?
The bible challenges us to believe that Jesus is God; that he is the ONLY way to Father God. What do you think?
Fun Activities (5-15 mins)
The Fact or Fantasy Quest For Truth!
- Print it out if you haven’t yet and stick it up.
- Cut out the correct piece from the template and add it onto your Quest for Truth in the correct place.
- Who is the only way to Father God? Can you write or draw it on?
- Choose one of Detective NoClue’s ice cream mazes on the template to complete! Find the only way through.
- Make a tricky maze or a map for someone else with only ONE way to the middle or from one side to the other!
- Make up an obstacle course with only one way from one side of the room to the other – direct each other through it blindfolded!
- Choose one of the Bible Verses to cut out and decorate or copy into your Adventure Book/journal. Could you try to learn one of them? John 14:6, John 8:12
- Create a poster/bookmark/reminder about Jesus being THE WAY, THE TRUTH, THE LIFE…
- Could you take a photo that helps you think of Jesus being the only way to Father God?
- Jump up and down or make up a dance to the song One Way
Resources: Pdf template, scissors, pens, glue, tape, paper and card
Prayer Ideas: (5-10 mins)
- ONE WAY: Pray for each other to feel confident in who Jesus is: that he is THE way to Father God. Pray to know Jesus better and spend time encouraging each other to follow him each day. Pray particularly about anything that’s come up with going back to school and ask Jesus for his thoughts, kindness and love for any needs there are… He is always with us. He is our light.
- Have an Adventure Time: get comfy and invite Holy Spirit to be with you. You could imagine being in your favourite place and Jesus comes to find you. Spend time with him asking him to show you the way to Father God… how do you get there? What do you see or hear on the way? What is Jesus showing you? What happens when you see Father God… Spend time with him, share with each other, draw or write about it
TODAY’S GAME CHANGING MOMENT
Jesus is the only way to Father God
Share your mazes or obstacle courses with us! What happened in your Adventure Time? We’d love to hear from you!
Or feel free to email us another time via email@example.com.