PARENTS! Remember to check out our top tips for making this work!
Here’s a few clips for you to decide…. are these babies CUTE or CRAZY?!
Today is the next in our Fact or Fantasy theme!
Daring Detectives and Super Sleuths: are you ready to get hunting for clues, facts and proofs in the ultimate quest for the Truth about God?
Our aim today is to know that Jesus really did die on the cross and he really did rise from the dead!
MARK THE MOMENT
Start off your time together in a special way by encouraging one person in you family with something awesome they did this past week!
WORSHIP (6-8 MINS)
Let’s celebrate who Jesus really is!
INTRO (12 MINS)
Explore the story of Jesus‘s Resurrection (5 MINS)
What clues can you find that Jesus rose again in the video or your bible?
Watch the video below
Or read about it in
- The Lion First Bible p436-448: The Saddest Day and The Happiest Day
- The Jesus Storybook Bible: Show p308 first with the stone over Jesus’ tomb. Then read p310-321.
- Jesus Calling Bible p214-223
- Or check it out in the bible: Luke 24 or John 20
UNPACK (2-5 mins) keep this simple for younger ones!
- It’s so important for us to know that Jesus really did come back to life!
- We can have confidence in this and believe that he is stronger than ANYTHING, even death!
- Jesus is our risen saviour, no other world religion or other great idea has that.
- It’s amazing and true and it will change our lives!
Fun Activities (5-15 mins)
Prove it games!
- Have fun daring one another to ‘Prove it!’ Come up with a challenge such as:
- Can you hold your breath for longer than me?
- Can you stand on one leg for 30 seconds?
- Can you balance a book on your head and walk across the room?
- Can you say this tongue twister….?
- Then prove it!
- Choose your favourite part of the resurrection story to draw or paint.
- Recreate a scene from the story with the members of your family like a freeze-frame or use any toy figures or play dough you may have!
The Fact or Fantasy Quest For Truth! Print it out if you haven’t yet and stick it up.
- This week can you cut out the correct piece from the template?
- Can you decorate it and add it onto your Quest for Truth in the correct place?
- Can you answer the question: Did Jesus rise from the dead?
- There are lots of proofs on jigsaw pieces on the template that you could cut up, hide around the room and sort into proofs that Jesus really died and proofs that he really rose again.
- You could stick them onto card so they fit together in any way and chat about them with your child…
- For your younger child: maybe just choose 3 or 4 key ones to look at and keep it simple.
- For your older child: seek to stretch and challenge them – what do they think about these proofs?
- You could go deeper by posing these questions:
- ‘Are you sure Jesus didn’t just faint on the cross?’
- ‘Are you sure the Jews and Romans didn’t steal his body?’
- ‘How do you know the disciples didn’t just make it all up?’
Resources: Pdf template, scissors, pens, glue, tape, paper and card
Prayer Ideas: (5-10 mins)
- Adventure Time: Invite Holy Spirit to be with you and imagine that you are with the disciples when they were praying in the upper room and didn’t yet know that Jesus was alive. Can you see Peter and James and John? What are they doing? How do they feel? …THEN Jesus is suddenly there! What does he look like? What is he doing and saying? What is happening around you? How do you feel? Spend time exploring with Jesus… he has so much he wants you to know about who he really is!
- Pray for your child to be confident that Jesus is the king! He is stronger that anything; death, sickness, pain, nightmares, bad thoughts, mistakes, sadness, doubts… Bring anything that’s troubling you and your child to him and receive his peace and power for those things. You could speak John 14:27 over each other! He is with us today!
TODAY’S GAME CHANGING MOMENT
I can believe that Jesus really did rise from the dead and he is with me right now!
Share your Quest of Truth with us? What happened in your Adventure Time? How does I feel to know Jesus is alive?
Or feel free to email us another time via firstname.lastname@example.org.