PARENTS! Remember to check out our top tips for making this work!
Today we’re starting you off with another episode of Pie or No Pie!
Today is the last session in our Fact or Fantasy theme!
Daring Detectives and Super Sleuths: are you ready to get hunting for clues, facts and proofs in the ultimate quest for the Truth about God?
Our aim today is to know that we can be filled with the Holy Spirit to go and share the facts of our faith with others: We can tell the world!
MARK THE MOMENT
Start off your time together in a special way by sharing which has been your favourite Fact or Fantasy session with each other – use your Quest of Truth to help you.
WORSHIP (6-8 MINS)
Let’s celebrate who Jesus really is!
INTRO (12 MINS)
Explore the story of the Holy Spirit filling the disciples with power! (5 MINS)
Watch the video below, or read about it in
- The Lion First Bible p456
- The Jesus Storybook Bible p326
- Jesus Calling Bible p226-231
- Or check it out in the bible: Acts 1:8, 2:1-18, 38-42
UNPACK (2-5 mins) keep this simple for younger ones!
- Even though the disciples had walked and talked with Jesus and seen his incredible life with their eyeballs they still needed Holy Spirit’s power to help them be loving witnesses.
- We can be witnesses too! As we get to know Jesus better and discover the truth of who he is we can share this with others. Each of us is important in God’s plan!
- Just like the disciples, we need Holy Spirit’s power to fill us too. We can have a fun, exciting life adventure sharing Jesus with others. He will show us how and will always be with us! Acts 1:8!
Fun Activities (5-15 mins)
The Fact or Fantasy Quest For Truth!
- Print it out if you haven’t yet and stick it up.
- This week it’s the final piece – can you decorate it and add it onto your Quest for Truth in the correct place?
- Which places in the world are important to you?
- Where would you like to go?
- Which nation or city is on God’s heart?
Game for 3 or more people: What did you witness?
- Send one person out of the room.
- Choose one person in the room to do something silly or demonstrate a skill to the rest of the family. E.g stand on one leg for ten seconds, blow a raspberry, eat a biscuit without licking lips, say the alphabet, count in tens…
- Invite the person back in. One of those that witnessed the skill/silly thing describes it to that person but they can only say three words or they can only act it out… or choose another rule to make it tricky.
- Can they guess what they did?
- OR simply demonstrate your skills or talents to each other so you can be witnesses to these amazing things!
Create: A prayer spinner.
- Use the template to cut out, decorate and fill in with places or people you’d like to pray for and be loving witnesses to.
- Use in the prayer time below.
Resources: Pdf template, scissors, pens, glue, tape, paper and card, split pin/string.
Prayer Ideas: (5-10 mins)
- Have a family fire tunnel or circle! Pray for each person in turn to be filled with Holy Spirit’s power, to know what they believe and to live it out, to be a loving witness for Jesus, to have a fun, exciting life-adventure with him and more!
- On God’s heart: Which of your friends or family could you be praying for to know Jesus? Write their names down (or use your spinner) and pray for them each day or week – speak life, hope, truth… over them. Ask Holy Spirit to show you how to be a loving witness to them!
- Tell the World: you could spend time looking at a world map or the Quest for Truth and asking Holy Spirit to show you a key nation or city to pray for. What could you pray or declare over that place? Ask Jesus to fill your heart with love for the people there… What is important to him? How could you reach out as a family?
TODAY’S GAME CHANGING MOMENT
I can be filled with Holy Spirit to be a loving witness to those around me!
I can tell and show the world the truth about Jesus!
Share your favourite Fact from our series. What have you learnt about the truth about God? Send us a photo of your Quest for Truth or prayer spinner!
Get ready for a new theme NEXT WEEK!!
Or feel free to email us another time via email@example.com.