This session is for children aged 1-4, but do keep it really short and simple for under 2’s.
Make sure you read the full session before you start, and check out these practical tips to get the most out of your time together.
We pray you’ll have a wonderful, fun time with your little ones!
Today we are continuing with our new theme ‘God shows me the way!’
Our aim is to learn to help with Hamster!
Make it special: Collect some favourite soft toys and pass them around your family telling each other that you love them!
WORSHIP: (6 MINS)
You could use these songs or any of your own favourites:
INTRO (10 MIN)
EXPLORE A BIBLE STORY ABOUT HELPING (1.5 MINS)
Watch: Philip and the Ethiopean
Or from a story bible:
Candle Bible for Toddlers p373
The Toddler’s Bible p382
QUICK UNPACK (2 MINS)
- Hamster learnt to help her friends. It felt good to be part of a team, tidying their toys together.
- Philip helped the man from Ethiopia to learn about Jesus.
- He took time to chat to him and share his friendship with Jesus with him.
- The man from Ethiopia was so happy to become friends with Jesus too!
Say this together: WHO CAN HELP OTHERS? I CAN!
Keep saying it with different voices; fast, slow, silly, loud and quiet…
FUN ACTIVITIES (5-10 MINS)
Play: ‘Help Me! Games’
- Build towers with bricks, knock them down, then shout ‘Tidy up quick!’ and pick up the bricks together. Make tidying up a fun game during the week with a silly song, or use a robot voice countdown or a soft toy that doesn’t know where anything goes…
- Pretend to find it hard to do something like put on your jumper, or carry lots of toys or something ‘heavy’ and ask for help from your child.
- Pretend to fall over, or use a soft toy for this, then be hugged better and helped back up again. How could we help someone who is sad or upset? How could we help someone know about Jesus?
The chariot, Philip and the Ethiopian using the pdf template and instructions. You will need two toilet roll inners (or a kitchen roll inner cut in half).
Play the story together when you’ve made your chariot!
Resources: pdf template of activities, scissors, colouring pens, tape/glue, card/paper.
PRAYER TIME (2 MINS)
- SHOUT OUT: WHO CAN HELP OTHERS? I CAN!
- Holy Spirit help me! Snuggle up with your child and ask for Holy Spirit’s help to be helpful, especially when it is hard. Make this relevant to anything that’s happening in your child’s life at nursery or the child-minder’s or at home with siblings or following instructions… Tell your child that you need Holy Spirit’s help too!
- Use the simple prayer ‘Holy Spirit help me!’ during your week!
We’d love to hear from you!
Show us your chariots or pictures. When do you need help to be helpful?
Send in your good news and photos to email@example.com, or use the form right here!