Remember our top tips for making this work: see more here!
Our aim today is to know that Jesus, the Ultimate Game Changer, gives sight to the blind. Nothing is too difficult for him!
Before anything else though, here’s a hello from our feathered friend…
MARK THE MOMENT
Take it in turns to say thank you for something to each other!
WORSHIP (8 MINS)
Let’s celebrate Jesus our ultimate Game Changer!
INTRO (10 MINS)
Explore the story of Jesus and the blind man (3.5 MINS)
Watch the video below, ‘Jesus heals a man born blind’
Or read about it in
Jesus Calling Bible p190
Or check it out in the bible: John 9:1-11
Quick Unpack: (2-5 mins) Keep it simple for younger ones.
What a life-changing encounter with Jesus!
The blind man’s life was totally, radically transformed!
He would NEVER be the same again! Just imagine the changes to his life….
Do you know that Jesus is still the same today?
He is still the miracle worker
He is still full of love for others
He still has the power to do the impossible
Fun Activities (5-15 mins)
- If you’re feeling brave, create an obstacle course around your room, take it in turns to wear a blindfold and be directed around the room!
- Hide some objects in a bag and try to guess what they are by touch and sound alone, no peeking!
- Play ‘The bear and the honey pot’: have someone blindfolded with a bunch of keys in front of them. The others try to sneak up from the other end of the room to get the keys without being heard!
- Can you draw a picture of yourself or your favourite animal with your eyes closed?
- Blind Man craft: Make the blind man see by using the template. Print out, decorate, cut along the dotted lines, then slide the eyes piece into place. Move back and forth to make the blind man see! (good for younger ones)
- Sun Catchers: Choose one of the sun-catcher templates to print on card and cut out. Stick strips of tissue, shiny or coloured paper across the gap and secure with sellotape or sticky backed plastic.
- Bead creativity: (Good for older ones) If you’re feeling adventurous create a melted bead sun catcher or bead wind-chime by following these instructions. Melted Bead Sun-catcher Bead Wind-chime (use string if you don’t have wire). Look at the ways they catch the light and chat about Jesus as our light!
Jesus is the light of the world colouring from John 9:5 and John 8:12
Resources: Pdf template, pens, paper/card, tape, tissue/shiny/coloured paper, string/wire, hooks/screws, beads, scissors
Prayer Ideas: (5-10 mins)
The Healer: Pray specifically for anyone you know who is sick, or for those who are ill in hospital at this time. Speak healing to body parts, release Holy Spirit to fill hospital wards, pray for doctors, nurses, care workers… If you know someone who works caring for others maybe you could ask Holy Spirit for encouragements for them and let them know!
The miracle worker: Are there things that seem impossible to you? Do you, or does someone you know, need a miracle? Chat about one or two things to talk to God about and help your child to pray, believing that Jesus hears and loves and can bring transformation to that situation. Look for answers to prayer!
TODAY’S GAME CHANGING MOMENT
Jesus is my Game Changer – Nothing is too difficult for him!
Share your fun times with us! Show us your crafts! Tell us your answers to prayer. What are you believing for?
Or feel free to email us another time via email@example.com.