This session is for children aged 1-4, but do keep it really short and simple for under 2’s.
Make sure you read the full session before you start, and check out these practical tips to get the most out of your time together.
We pray you’ll have a wonderful, fun time with your little ones!
Today we are beginning a totally new theme – Good News about me and God!!
Let’s find out the GOOD NEWS that God loves you!
Make it special:
Give each person in your family a big hug!
WORSHIP: (6 MINS) Let’s celebrate that God loves us so much!
You could use these songs or any of your own favourites:
INTRO (9 MIN)
EXPLORE A STORY ABOUT JESUS (1 MIN)
Watch: Jesus and the children
Or choose a story bible:
Candle Bible for Toddlers p302
Lion First Bible p396
Jesus Calling Bible p198
QUICK UNPACK (2 MINS)
God loves us all the time.
Whether we are grumpy or happy, sleepy or awake, cross or kind.
Pass around a cushion to hug and tell each other ‘God loves you!’
Say this is GOOD NEWS for us and for others too.
Say this together: WHO LOVES ME? GOD LOVES ME!
Keep saying it with different voices; fast, slow, high, low…
Or make up some actions to go with it!
FUN ACTIVITIES (5-10 MINS)
- Hide and seek or peek-a-boo. When you find each other say ‘God loves you and so do I?’
- Treasure Hunt: Hide lots of paper hearts (there’s a template on the pdf) or favourite soft toys around the room. Send your child to find them and bring them back to you. Give them a hug or high five for each one found and tell them ‘God loves you!’
- Fill the heart on the template with finger prints, shiny/wrapping paper or squiggles. Stick the label ‘God loves me’ over your art when it is dry and stick up!
- Make the ‘God loves me’ aeroplane by following the instructions on the template.
Colouring sheets of the bible story
Resources: pdf template of activities, scissors, colouring pens, tape/glue, card/paper
PRAYER TIME (2 MINS)
- SHOUT OUT: WHO LOVES ME? GOD LOVES ME!
- GOD LOVES ME! Snuggle up and pray for yourself and your child to feel and know God’s love with you right now and every day! Pray each night and build an atmosphere of expectation that God is with you and you will feel, hear and know him more and more. Share what you experience to encourage your child in their journey of friendship with God.
We’d love to hear from you!
We’d love to hear from you: Show us your hearts or aeroplanes!
Send in your good news and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the form right here!