This session is for children aged 1-4, but do keep it really short and simple for under 2’s.
Make sure you read the full session before you start, and check out these practical tips to get the most out of your time together.
We pray you’ll have a wonderful, fun time with your little ones!
Today we are continuing with our new theme – Good News about me and God!!
Let’s find out the GOOD NEWS that God made me!
Make it special: Give everyone a thumbs up and say we are learning some GOOD NEWS today!
WORSHIP: (5 MINS) Let’s celebrate that God is the creator!
You could use these songs or any of your own favourites:
INTRO (9 MIN)
EXPLORE MORE ABOUT CREATOR GOD (4 MINS)
Or choose a story bible:
Candle Bible for Toddlers p10
Lion First Bible p10
Jesus Calling Bible p22
QUICK UNPACK (2 MINS)
God made you and me in an amazing way! We are so special to him.
Say this together: WHO MADE ME? GOD DID!
Keep saying it with different voices; squeaky, robot, silly, whispers…
Or make up some actions to go with it!
FUN ACTIVITIES (5-10 MINS)
- Get active: Explore some of the many things your brilliant body can do! Shout out different actions for each other to do: jumping, running on the spot, spinning around or lying still, clapping hands, stamping feet, blinking, nodding heads and more…
- Incredible Senses: Fill a tray with different objects to explore together – what can you touch, hear, see, smell, taste (snack items!)? Chat about our incredible senses that help us learn about God’s wonderful world around us. He made us amazingly!
- Mirror fun: Look in a mirror together. Point out your features, pull funny faces, wriggle your nose, blow a kiss… Chat with your child that God made them and sees them and loves them!
- Fill in the ‘God Made Me’ sheet on the template with your favourite things. Help your child to begin to learn that they are unique – there is no one else like them!
- Draw around your hands/feet or make hand/footprints and decorate with stickers and crayons/pens.
Activity sheets of the bible story
Resources: pdf template of activities, scissors, colouring pens, stickers, card/paper
PRAYER TIME (2 MINS)
- SHOUT OUT: WHO MADE ME? GOD DID!
- Thank you God action prayers: choose an action to do as you shout out ‘Thank You God for my hands, my feet, my smile, my ears….’
- I am unique: Pray for your child to know that God made them amazingly, there is no one quite like them!
We’d love to hear from you!
Show us your hand prints or colouring! What can your brilliant body do?
Send in your good news and photos to email@example.com, or use the form right here!