This session is for children aged 1-4, but do keep it really short and simple for under 2’s.
Make sure you read the full session before you start, and check out these practical tips to get the most out of your time together.
We pray you’ll have a wonderful, fun time with your little ones!
Today we are continuing to discover more Good News about God and me!!
Let’s find out the GOOD NEWS that God helps me to dream BIG!
Make it special: crouch down small, count to three then jump up high to be ready to praise God together!
WORSHIP: (6 MINS) Let’s celebrate that God is with us now!
You could use these songs or any of your own favourites:
INTRO (12 MIN)
EXPLORE MORE: (3 MINS)
Watch and join in with this song: God has a plan for me (2.5 min)
Read Jeremiah 29:11 to your child
QUICK UNPACK (2 MINS)
God is good. He has good plans for us! We can dream BIG dreams about our lives with God!
Share any hopes and dreams you had when you were little with your child.
Talk about dreams they may have – things to do, places to see…
God wants us to dream BIG. We can do great things with him!
Say this together: WHO CAN HELP ME DREAM? GOD CAN!
Keep saying it with different voices; squeaky, robot, silly, whispers…
Can you make up some actions to go with it too?
FUN ACTIVITIES (5-10 MINS)
Try some of the fun activities from the book: can you sing a song? Can you hop, skip and run? Can you show me kind hands? Can you pretend you’re going to the moon or up a mountain or somewhere else…
Create a dreaming box:
- You could do this as a family or just for your child. Decorate any box you may have such as a cereal box, a delivery box, a shoe box… Or use the simple cube net from the template. Cover it in wrapping paper or stickers or simply colour/paint it.
- Chat about dreams you have such as adventures you’d like to go on, places you want to visit, ideas you have, who you can be kind to, things you want to make, who you’d like to be with… any things that are hopes and dreams. You could write these on post-it notes or in a special book for your child to put in your box or find pictures or objects to represent them to go inside.
- Keep your box to re-visit and add other things in as ideas come up for new things to try or do!
Resources: pdf template of activities, boxes, scissors, colouring pens, stickers, card/paper, tape, wrapping paper, paint
PRAYER TIME (2 MINS)
- SHOUT OUT: WHO CAN HELP ME DREAM? GOD CAN!
- Dream Big! Pray for your child to be full of hopes and dreams. Declare over them that they can dream big and believe big with God, that he is for us and loves us and that he has good plans for us! We can team up with him!
We’d love to hear from you!
Show us your dreaming box. What dreams do you have? It’s GOOD NEWS that we can dream BIG with God!
Send in your good news and photos to email@example.com, or use the form right here!