Remember our top tips for making this work: see more here.
Let’s discover more about David as he journeyed from Shepherd to King!
Our aim today is to learn how to stay true to God through the ups and downs of life!
Will Professor Bubblepuff have experience scientific success this week?
MARK THE MOMENT
It’s Mother’s Day! Give your mum a big hug and thank her for being your wonderful mother!!
WORSHIP (8 MINS)
Let’s celebrate Jesus!
INTRO (15 MINS)
Watch: God’s People David (1.5 mins)
Quick Unpack: (2-5 mins) Keep it simple for younger ones.
David is finally the King! But being a King was super hard work!
Enemies came to fight him, there were lots of people to care for, he made some bad choices and people got hurt… But he also had some incredible victories and wonderful times with God.
So how did he stay true to God through everything?
Well, one thing David had always been totally brilliant at, even when he was a shepherd boy, was spending time with God.
- He would praise and worship him
- He would be honest and tell him his feelings and worries
- He would make time to be in his presence
He knew that praising and worshipping God would help him stay true to him, no matter what.
Fun Activities (5-15 mins)
- Musical Thrones: arrange some cushions/blankets (one for each family member) on the floor and say these are our thrones! Play some music and choose how everyone can move (hopping, jumping, skipping). Stop the music and shout ‘thrones’ or ‘kings & queens’. Everyone has to sit down on a cushion! Last one sitting gets to do the music or shout out the instructions. Or you can take one cushion away and have someone out. Make it work for your family and have fun together!
- Speedy Praises! Pass something special around your family. When you are holding it, it’s your turn to praise God for something, then hand it on. Keep passing it round, no repetitions, or hesitations! How many times round your family can you go? How fast can you pass it? Collect your praises to God!
- A crown: Use the template or create your own. Decorate with stickers, gems, the symbols on the template, and ideas you have to stay true to God. Share how you stay true to God with your child.
- Your own Psalm! Let’s be honest with God. He loves us so much, we can tell him how we feel! If you have a journal or Adventure Book, use it to write out what you want to say to God. Such as who he is, who you are, how you feel, what he is saying or showing you about it… Check out some Psalms to help you!
- Mother’s Day colouring!
BIBLE BITE: 1 Samuel 16:7 ‘God does not see the same way people see. People look at the outside of a person, but the Lord looks at the heart.’ Who can say it from memory?
Resources: Pdf template, scissors, pens, glue/tape, stickers/gems, paper and card
Prayer Ideas: (5-10 mins)
- Bless your Mum: Pray for your mother and find a way to bless, thank and encourage her today!
- Be Crowned! Did you know God sees us as Kings and Queens? Put on your crowns and pray for each other to know how God sees you, speak out anything Holy Spirit shows you or any encouragements.
- Be Honest: Let’s tell God how we feel… Let’s ask God to be with us and to fill us with his loving presence now… Let’s wait and see what Holy Spirit wants to do… Wait to see what God is saying or showing you… Why not add these things to your Psalm?
WHAT’S THE GAME CHANGING MOMENT
I can stay true to God by spending time with him!
Share your art with us. Show us your crowns or Psalms! How did you bless you mum today?
NEXT WEEK IS OUR ZOOM CALL TO EXPLORE MORE… AT THE NEW TIME OF 9:45AM!
Or feel free to email us another time via email@example.com.