This session is for children aged 1-4, but do keep it really short and simple for under 2’s.
Make sure you read the full session before you start, and check out these practical tips to get the most out of your time together.
We pray you’ll have a wonderful, fun time with your little ones!
It’s Mother’s Day, and today we have a special session all about that! Hope you feel the love!
Make it special: Hug your mummy and tell her you love her!
WORSHIP: (7 MINS) Let’s celebrate that Daddy God is here with us now!
You could use these songs or any of your own favourites:
INTRO (12 MIN)
Explore more about Mummys:
Watch: Mother and son (1.5 mins – video below) Chat about all the things the mum and her son do together!
Read a bible story about mothers:
Moses’ Mother: Jesus Calling Bible p62, Lion First Bible p92
Ruth and Naomi: Candle Bible p140, Lion First Bible p164, Jesus Calling Bible p88
Jesus’ mother, Mary: Jesus Calling Bible p140, Lion First Bible p284, 310, Candle Bible p214, 228
QUICK UNPACK (2 MINS)
We can be thankful for our mothers and recognise all they do for us.
They are a present from Daddy God to us!
Say this together: WHO HAS AN AMAZING MUMMY? I DO!
Keep saying it with different voices; squeaky, robot, silly, whispers…
Or make up some actions to go with it!
FUN ACTIVITIES (5-10 MINS)
- Chat: Pass something special around your family or to each other and say what you like to do with your mum when you are holding it.
- Match it: use any farm animals or a selection of soft toys, play matching the baby/young to the mother and chatting about how they care for their babies.
- Kindness: Play with any baby dolls you may have, dress them, feed them… Chat about caring for babies and what happened when your child was tiny. Model kindness and love to your child.
- Hands of love craft: Decorate the hands and heart. Cut them out and stick a heart onto the open hands. You could write a message in for Mummy or stick on the label. You could fold down the middle so it opens like a card.
- I love you to pieces card: Cut out the card and the heart. On the inside of the card decorate with any small pieces of paper so that you can see them through the heart! See example on template.
Resources: pdf template of activities, scissors, colouring pens, stickers, glue, card/paper
PRAYER TIME (2 MINS)
- SHOUT OUT: WHO HAS AN AMAZING MUMMY? I DO!
- Pray for your mum: Give your mum a hug, or gently lay your hand on her and speak simple prayers: ‘Holy Spirit fill my mum’, ‘Thank you God for mummy’, ‘Jesus loves you, mummy’ ‘Daddy God give my mummy peace, joy, hope’…
We’d love to hear from you!
What’s your favourite thing to do with mummy? What did you do today to celebrate your mum?
NEXT WEEK – we will start to celebrate Easter and all Jesus had done for us!
Send in your good news and photos to email@example.com, or use the form right here!