This session is for children aged 1-4, but do keep it really short and simple for under 2’s.
Make sure you read the full session before you start, and check out these practical tips to get the most out of your time together.
We pray you’ll have a wonderful, fun time with your little ones!
Today we are continuing with our Prayer theme, finding out about Jesus chatting to God!
Make it special: Whisper a message in someone’s ear. You could tell them that you love them or what you favourite colour is or what you want to play later today!
WORSHIP: (5 MINS) Let’s celebrate that Jesus is with us!
You could use these songs or any of your own favourites:
INTRO (7 MINS)
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT JESUS’ PRAYER:
Watch: Learn the Lord’s Prayer(1.5 mins)
Lion First Bible p392
Jesus Calling Bible p162
Jesus Storybook Bible p224
QUICK UNPACK (2 MINS)
Jesus loved to chat to Daddy God. He wants to help us to chat to him as well.
We can use this special prayer to help us talk and listen to him.
Say together: WHO CAN CHAT TO JESUS? I CAN!
Keep using the shout out with different voices, fast, slow, high, low, robot, squeaky… or make up some actions.
FUN ACTIVITIES (5-10 MINS)
- Fun with Phones: play with toy phones if you have any. Have fun pretending to talk to different people. Why not call Daddy God, Jesus or Holy Spirit? Model chatting and listening to him, then let your child ‘call’ him too! Can you tell Jesus about your favourite toy, what you had for breakfast, what we did today…
- Listening games: Hide things that make noises in a bag and see if your child can guess what they are by their sound. Have fun listening carefully and guessing!
- Lord’s Prayer Paper Chain: Print out the strips from the template: to get it double-sided print it once, then turn it over and print it again on the back. Cut out the strips and decorate with pens or stickers. Loop the first one and secure with tape, then loop each one around in turn until you have used them all up. Hang up and use to help you pray!
- Colouring sheets and prayer list.
Resources: pdf template of activities, toy phones, bag, objects that make noises (keys, instruments, scrunched paper, bricks), tape, pens, paper/card, scissors.
PRAYER TIME (2 MINS)
- SHOUT OUT: WHO CAN CHAT TO JESUS? I CAN!
- Pray the Lord’s Prayer together: Father God, be our king, may everyone do as you want. Give us each day the things we really need. Forgive us and help us to forgive others. Keep us from harm. You are powerful and wonderful! Amen!
We’d love to hear from you!
Show us your prayer chains. Did you call Jesus on your phone? What did you pray about today?
Send in your good news and photos to email@example.com, or use the form right here!