This session is for children aged 1-4, but do keep it really short and simple for under 2’s.
Make sure you read the full session before you start, and check out these practical tips to get the most out of your time together.
We pray you’ll have a wonderful, fun time with your little ones!
Today is the next session in our PRAYER theme. Discover what happens when Peter needs help!
Make it special: Say a simple phrase together whilst clapping such as ‘We can chat to God’, ‘Jesus is here with us’, ‘I love you Daddy God”…
WORSHIP: (5 MINS) Let’s celebrate that God hears our prayers!
You could use these songs or any of your own favourites:
INTRO (9 MINS)
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT PETER!:
Watch: Peter escapes from prison! (2 mins)
Candle Bible p368
Jesus Calling Bible p236
The Message Bible p347
QUICK UNPACK (2 MINS)
When the church prayed for Peter, Daddy God heard and answered their prayers in an amazing way! An angel set Peter free!
We don’t always know how God will answer our prayers but we can trust that he ALWAYS hears us and he chooses the best way to answer us.
Say together: WHO ANSWERS MY PRAYERS? DADDY GOD!
Keep using the shout out with different voices, fast, slow, high, low, silly… or make up some actions.
FUN ACTIVITIES (5-15 MINS)
- Angel Hide and Seek! Choose one person to be the angel and everyone else can be Peter. Say ‘Ready steady go’ and ‘Peter’ runs off to hide somewhere and pretends to be asleep in prison! The Angel then has to find Peter and bring him back to the start again.
- Follow the Leader. Peter had to follow the angel to get safely out of prison. Take it in turns to be the ‘Angel’ leading everyone round the room. You could hop, jump, tiptoe, wave hands… Have fun!
- Peter is Free: Lift the flap craft: use the template. Cut out the two pictures of Peter. Decorate the black and white one. This is the top picture. Fold along the dotted line and stick this folded part down onto the top of the coloured picture. Lift up the top picture to set Peter free!
- Peter activity sheets
Resources: pdf template of activities, pens, paper/card, scissors, tape/glue
PRAYER TIME (2 MINS)
- SHOUT OUT: WHO ANSWERS MY PRAYERS? DADDY GOD!
- Thank You God! Help your child to say simple Thank You prayers to God. Here are some suggestions ‘Thank you Daddy God that you hear our prayers’ ‘Thank you God that you answer our prayers’ ‘Help us to trust in you God!’ ‘I pray for….’
We’d love to hear from you!
Show us your Peter crafts. Who was the best at hiding? Did you say Thank you to God?
Send in your good news and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the form right here!