Remember our top tips for making this work: see more here.
Today is the next session in our HAPPY HEARTS theme! We will discover how to have Fiery Hearts full of God’s compassion for others!
Join in the Zoom Call next Sunday for more fun, games and chat!
This week, Pecky is flying – without wings?!?!
MARK THE MOMENT
Choose someone to say ‘Thank You’ to!
WORSHIP (7 MINS)
Let’s worship Daddy God – his heart is full of love for us!
INTRO (13 MINS)
FIND OUT MORE:
Watch: Peter and John (2 mins)
My First Message p333
Key verses in the bible: Acts 1:8, Acts 3:1-10
Quick Unpack: (2-5 mins) Keep it simple for younger ones.
Peter and John’s hearts were filled with Holy Spirit’s fiery compassion and a lame man walked!
WOW! I wonder what would happen to our friends, our street, our school, our city, our world… when our hearts are filled with Daddy God’s fiery compassion.
Fun Activities (5-15 mins)
…and the ‘Happy Hearts Health Chart’ here! (it’s the last heart today!)
Fiery Tag: If you have a safe place to run around play ‘Fiery Heart Tag’. Print and cut out the fiery hearts from the pdf template so you have enough for each person in your family. One person has all the hearts and has to catch everyone else and give them one! Take it in turns to be the catcher! We can pass on God’s Fiery Compassion to others.
Hide and Seek: If you need to stay indoors, take it in turns to hide the hearts for each other to find!
HAPPY HEARTS HEALTH CHART! Print this out here to add to each session
Cut out and decorate today’s heart to add onto your chart.
3D Fiery Heart!
Cut out the large heart and decorate. Fold in half.
Cut out two thin strips of paper or card or the strips on the template. Fold these strips over each other in a concertina way and secure the ends with tape.
Cut out and stick the flame onto one end of the concertina. Then stick the other end onto the right hand side of the large heart, so that when you open in it pops out! Example on the template.
We can have fiery hearts of compassion for others like Peter and John.
Daddy God’s Wonderful World! God wants us to have a fiery heart for his wonderful world: he wants to team up with us to bring heaven to earth. Remind your child that our prayers make a difference. Choose one of the following then wonder together!
- Treasure Map: Draw a treasure map of your street or school or somewhere else important to you. Draw on any friends or people you know and other key things.
- Prayer Maps: Or use any maps you may have. Spread them out and look at the different places and wonder together:
I wonder what Jesus thinks of this place.
I wonder what is on his heart for ________
I wonder what the needs are…
What is he showing you?
How could we pray for __________?
What needs to come from heaven to earth?
Help your child to wonder and think and tune into Holy Spirit.
You could draw or write thoughts, prayers, bible verse… on post-it notes/the fiery hearts and add onto your map.
If you have any LED candles place them on your maps too and pray/declare/sing God’s truth, love, solutions… over these places.
Prayer Ideas: (5-10 mins)
- Fiery Hearts: Ask for and receive God’s compassion and fiery love for you! Then be ready to give it away like Peter and John! Look out for a friend who may need your love and help this week.
- Get excited with Holy Spirit: Think about your street. Ask Holy Spirit to help you love and pray for your street. Say the names of any of your neighbours you know, pray for Jesus’ love to fill them and their homes, speak peace to your street, ask Jesus what is on his heart and more. Help your child to listen and pray. Maybe this could be the start of a new routine in your family’s prayer life as you consider your neighbourhood together.
- The Nations: Revisit your maps as you pray. Consider adopting a nation to find out about and pray for. Find creative ways to help your child think about the wider world (through a charity, family who live elsewhere, a place that’s on your heart) and how their prayers and fiery hearts make a huge difference!
WHAT’S THE GAME CHANGING MOMENT?
I can have a heart full of God’s fiery compassion!
What place or nation did you pray for? What is on God’s heart for your street? Show us your 3D heart!
Next week is our Zoom Call to find out more about having a Fiery Heart!
Or feel free to email us another time via email@example.com.