This session is for children aged 1-4, but do keep it really short and simple for under 2’s.
Make sure you read the full session before you start, and check out these practical tips to get the most out of your time together.
We pray you’ll have a wonderful, fun time with your little ones!
Today is the next session in our Shine Like Stars theme! Let’s learn that we don’t need to worry when Jesus is our friend!
Make it special: Hop, jump or tiptoe around the room and tell Jesus that you love him!
WORSHIP: (5 MINS) Let’s celebrate that Jesus is our friend!
You could use these songs or any of your own favourites:
INTRO (8 MINS)
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT NOT WORRYING!:
Watch: Do Not Worry (2.5 mins)
Lion First Bible p337-341
Jesus Calling bible p163
Check out these bible verses; Matthew 6:25-34, Philippians 4:8-9
QUICK UNPACK (2 MINS)
Jesus said we don’t need to worry because Daddy God knows what we need!
He is always with us, he loves us and cares for us! Such good news.
WE DON’T NEED TO WORRY BECAUSE… JESUS IS WITH US!
Keep using the shout out with different voices, fast, slow, high, low, robot, squeaky… or make up some actions.
FUN ACTIVITIES (5-15 MINS)
- Teddy Fun: Play out a scenario with some of your child’s teddies: one could be worried about going to sleep or going to nursery. Oh no, Teddy is worried about…. How can we help Teddy? I wonder what Jesus thinks… What could we do or say to Teddy? We could pray, hug, chat, tell a bible story… What do you think?
- My Do Not Worry Book: Using one piece of paper watch this one minute video on how to make a simple book: How to make a mini book. Stick the label from the template on the front and add on your child’s name. Then add in any of the images from the template – these match with the ‘Whatever is Lovely’ book from the intro video based on Philippians 4:8-9. Or use your own stickers, patterns, bible verses, pictures! Pull it out to read regularly or whenever worries rise up.
- Activity Sheets
Resources: pdf template of activities, pens, paper/card, scissors, glue, stickers.
PRAYER TIME (2 MINS)
- SHOUT OUT: WE DON’T NEED TO WORRY BECAUSE… JESUS IS WITH US!
- Do Not Worry: Seek to empathise with your child’s emotions when they get anxious, then speak truths that Daddy God knows us, he is with us, he cares for us and more… Pray for your child to know God’s peace, love and kindness.
- Adventure Time: Get comfy and invite Holy Spirit to be with you. Say ‘let’s imagine we are playing with your favourite toys and Jesus comes to be with us! Can you see him?… What is he doing?… What is he saying?… What do you play with?… What do you do together?’ Speak slowly and wait, letting your child spend time with Jesus, then pray: ’Thank you Jesus for being with us, help us to see, hear and feel you so we know that you are with us’
You could also say ‘When we spend time with Jesus and know him it helps us not to worry because we learn that he is so good and kind and wonderful!’
We’d love to hear from you!
Show us your Do Not Worry books! Who did you play with? Did you try an Adventure Time?
Send in your good news and photos to email@example.com, or use the form right here!