This session is for children aged 1-4, but do keep it really short and simple for under 2’s.
Make sure you read the full session before you start, and check out these practical tips to get the most out of your time together.
We pray you’ll have a wonderful, fun time with your little ones!
Today is the last session in our Shine Like Stars theme! We can tell others about Jesus!
Make it special: Sing ‘Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star’ or make star shapes with your hands.
WORSHIP: (5 MINS) Let’s have fun being with Daddy God!
You could use these songs or any of your own favourites:
INTRO (10 MINS)
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT JESUS’S SPECIAL FRIENDS!:
Watch: The Twelve Disciples (2 mins)
Lion First Bible p322
Candle Bible for Toddlers p248-254
Jesus Calling bible p156
The Bible: John 1:35-51
QUICK UNPACK (2 MINS)
Jesus is so good and kind and he loves us all the time.
We can tell and show others the good news about Jesus just like the 12 disciples did!
WHO CAN TELL OTHERS ABOUT JESUS? WE CAN!
Keep using the shout out with different voices, fast, slow, high, low, robot, squeaky… or make up some actions.
FUN ACTIVITIES (5-15 MINS)
- 12 special friends: Start with one toy, this could be Jesus, then count out 12 more soft toys or little play people with your child. Chat about how Jesus chose 12 special friends to help him share the good news of God’s family. And he choses us too!
- Hide and seek: Cut out the disciples from the template and hide around the room. Can you find all twelve really quickly?
- Follow the Leader: Take it in turns to do simple fun actions for everyone to follow! The 12 disciples followed Jesus and told others about him and we can too!
- Shine Like Stars collage: Use the stars on the template or make your own from different paper. Decorate, cut out and stick onto another piece of paper/card to create your own collage, or string together with ribbon to hang up in your room. Chat about all the things we have learnt about shining like stars for Jesus: we can follow him, we can share with others, we can forgive others, we can spend time with Jesus!
- Paper chain people: Use the template. Fold along the dotted lines and cut around the person, but not along the fold. Either decorate as some of the disciples or as some of your friends and family.
Extra: Find out about when Jesus called Peter to be his friend: Jesus Calls Peter
Resources: pdf template of activities, pens, paper/card, scissors, glue.
PRAYER TIME (2 MINS)
- SHOUT OUT: WHO CAN TELL OTHERS ABOUT JESUS? WE CAN!
- Shine Like Stars: Pray for each other to be filled with Holy Spirit’s love and joy so that we shine like stars for Jesus and can show and tell his good news to our friends and family. You could put out your hands in front of you and say ‘Holy Spirit Help Me!’.
Why not shout out the names of friends and family who you want to know about Jesus?
This is our last Early Years at Home – We really hope they’ve helped facilitate faith and fun for your family. We are so looking forward to seeing you very soon!
Send in your good news and photos to email@example.com, or use the form right here!