We are in the process of buying a building for our church to call home. We want to keep everyone updated on the progress of the purchase, and this page will be the place where you can see the building, read more about it and find out how you can be part of the transformation of the Ardwick Green Army Reserve Centre!
OUR BUILDING TOUR VIDEO
OUR BUILDING’S LOCATION
READ MORE ABOUT PROJECT HOME
HISTORIC & IN THE HEART
The Army Reserve Centre
- We are purchasing a Grade II Listed building that originally opened in 1886.
- It gives us approximately 30,000 sq ft across three floors.
- It is located in the historic Ardwick Green area – a gateway to the city centre – and it is surrounded by homes, creative business workspaces and the famous Apollo music venue.
- The building is also just 10 minutes walk from Manchester Piccadilly station and close to the city’s university campuses.
Making The Building Home
When we’ve refurbished the place, we expect to have:
- An auditorium seating up to 500 people.
- Brilliant facilities for all ages of kids work with more space than we’ve ever had.
- A new location for the Anchor Coffee House.
- A number of additional breakout spaces for smaller gatherings through the week.
- Secure covered parking spaces.
- Our church offices.
- Significant space to serve our city.
COMPASSION IS THE KEY
Space To Serve The City
With this building we believe we can provide space and partner with organisations across the city to deliver transformational projects that will help those in need across Manchester. In the building we would like to see:
- Transitional employment opportunities.
- Food production to address food poverty in our city.
- Kids Holiday Clubs.
- A Community Store.
- Support courses that teach practical skills.
- Financial support that includes debt counselling and financial planning.
- Emergency support and access to food, clothing and household essentials.
Stewarding Our Resources
With the sale of The Anchor we will have the funds to purchase the building and move, this is because over the last four and a half years:
- We have raised over £880,000 through donations and pledges, from our church family’s generosity and the kindness of some individuals and organisations.
- We have also been able to build up additional savings of over £100,000 through your regular giving.
- We have significant equity in The Anchor which will be released after its sale.
The Ardwick Green building purchase price is £2.5million, part of which will be funded by a mortgage with Charity Bank who we have a 20+ year history of working alongside.
The building has been empty for a couple of years, so there is some essential maintenance work to do. We anticipate spending upwards of £200,000 on refurbishment in the first year, with subsequent phases of refurbishment to take place as we have budget.
While we cannot guarantee a timeline (for the obvious reasons), we are working with the following seasonal goals as guiding principles.
AUTUMN Agree sale of The Anchor and purchase Ardwick Green
WINTER Initial period of refurbishment
SPRING Move in (Covid dependent) for Easter 2021
SUMMER ONWARDS Continue to refurbish and open further parts of the building
Each month we will be share updates with our church family through the Sunday livestream. In the meantime, we have two ways everyone can get involved with the building purchase.
PRAY We know that prayer is a vital thread that must run through everything we do. Please join the Project Home prayer list so you can get updates and stand with us in prayer as we complete the purchase and start refurbishments.
Amazon Smile If you use Amazon please use choose Vinelife as your chosen charity through their Smile program. We'll get 0.5% of all your purchases, which between us could add up to a lot this Christmas!
CONNECT WITH PROJECT HOME
If you’d like to contact us with a question, a word of encouragement or enquiry about how you can contribute then we’d love to hear from you. Fill out this contact form and someone will be in touch soon!